Chevron

10/30/2014

The Countdown Begins

Good morning!!

November will be quite a busy month for us & it starts on Saturday! I'm excited to tackle these adventures, especially with the loving support of my Husband!!

Saturday beings Christmas shopping. I'm starting later than I usually do...because I'm married now. lol Brady is taking Jayden while I enjoy brunch with one of my favorite friends ever & then while I go around doing a little Christmas shopping!! Hopefully more than a little, and hoping to tackle most or all of it!

In 9 days I turn 30. In 9 days I have a girls day celebrating turning 30. In 9 days Brady will be a groomsmen in a wedding, Mia will be keeping Jayden and Brady & I get to enjoy a date night on my Birthday!!

In 18 days my dad will be celebrating his 2nd birthday in Heaven. Gosh how my heart misses him. Every day I miss him. I've noticed that if I don't put much thought into the day, or if my day has already been planned, I don't cry (except for today, my day has already been planned, BUT I'm writing my blog & I'm up before anyone else). But for the days that I'm not busy or I'm writing on my blog, those are the days that I don't hesitate to cry. My daddy was proud of his girls & I know that if either my sister or I updated our blogs, my dad was sure to know because of my mom....no matter the subject, he was still proud.

In 19 days I have a Jamberry House Parry--my second since August! This should be fun because it's right before I leave to Cali!

In 20 days I leave for Cali. A trip I have been thinking about since this summer. Something I never thought I would get to do because of finances. But I promise you, when you're not looking, God opens a door and blesses you more than you can imagine!! Happy 30th Birthday to me! Why is this so special? Because I get to see this little boy who has miraculously turned into a man in just 3 months. The same little boy who I rocked to sleep on his first Valentine's Day, the same little boy who would come to Grandma & Grandpa's house asking "Are youuuuuu talkin' 'bout me?" The same little boy who gave a confused look on his face on picture day & his Grandpa loved that picture! The same little boy who stole my heart the day he was born and proudly calls me "Aunt". Excuse me while I go cry in a corner! The proudness I have in my heart is so hard to describe! In 3 weeks we will have another Marine on our hands! I have always supported the military, but when it's family, especially ones that you've grown up with, it's a bit of a tear jerker & prideful moment!

Don't expect me to take pictures of that special reunion, I might be a big 'ol mess...I'm not sure who we'll appoint to that position, because I think my mom, niece, sis & bro-in-love will be in the same boat!!



Love & Blessings as we near this Holiday Season!


Oh & Oorah! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment