Chevron

2/27/2016

What Love Is



In our women's bible study group at church we just started the book What Love Is by Kelly Minter. I am only on Day 2 of "homework" and I must say that I am hooked. Taking a dive into the Letters of 1, 2, 3 John and the love he had for Jesus and for all those to know about Jesus has actually got me quite hooked!

This morning, while reading Day 1 of our "homework" something really caught my eye was this quote from Kelly: "The Lord calls each of us to our own unique race, just as He called a fisherman named John."

We can't compare ourselves to everyone else, because then we aren't opening our hearts, ears and eyes to listen to what God has called us to do. I know as a woman, I can't help but compare myself to other moms. Whether they're more stylish than me, they're skinnier than me or if they're cooler than me. What I do know is that God doesn't care about any of that and I have to be willing to listen because he called me here for a specific reason!

This study was just for me. In the time I needed it the most. Staying true to myself, to my family and most importantly to my God. I look forward to reading more, and learning exactly what Love is and how I can actually put into words & actions the kind of love God has for me.
 

Have a blessed Saturday!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment